Dragged this one out of my UFO box (yes I actually have a box full!!)
I started this Square in a Square quilt in September 2010 after liking the idea of a "Quilt-Along" on Fat Quarterly blog using one jelly roll.
The first week had cutting instructions, the second week was piecing instructions, the third week quilt top assembly and the last week was finishing the quilt.
In the first week I started cutting but then I pieced some together to see what it would look like and continued like this - cutting and piecing. After sewing about 30 blocks over a few weeks I put it in a bag and put it in the cupboard!!
I used a Moda jelly roll called Free Bird by Mo Mo
Have a look at Cookies and Cream Craft to see who else has been stitching today.
Back to stitching now to see how many more blocks I can do before dinner time. (50 to go!)


How many more blocks do you have to go, Vanessa?? It looks like it will be a fantastic quilt. Love the colours. Looking forward to seeing your progress. Thanks for joining in UFO Thursday, Vanessa. *grin*
ReplyDeletelove the colours Vanessa
ReplyDeleteLove the fabrics you're using ... look forward to seeing some more.
ReplyDeleteLovely colours. It is going to look great.
ReplyDeleteI love your fabrics !!
ReplyDeleteFlorence
Good luck with your sewing... groups like this ALwAys helps doesn't it. We all need motivation at some point! Great effort! :)
ReplyDeleteVanessa,I love the colours of the fabrics!!!
ReplyDeleteAnna