Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Monday's Show and Tell

Here's some Show and Tell !
Vignette In Stitches 16 Block Mystery Quilt - I know this started months ago and I have been closely following everyone's progress (especially Sandy and FloS !! And I've just spotted Shez, Dawn(flowerofshona) and Kathy - ladies I have swapped with and who are followers of my blog) and I really want to make this lovely quilt.
In the meantime I have been looking at the magazine, reading the Vignette in Stitches blog and trying to find the courage to begin.
After spending most of last week in bed and feeling absolutely miserable with the flu, I took myself off to Spotlight to get something which I did not purchase, and came back with a PILE of fabrics for this quilt! Who can resist fabric on special - some were $6 per metre and 30% off! And I then HAD to go again the next day!!!
So last night I started and spent the evening stitching while watching TV ! Lovely !

Decided to give myself some time to finish!








I decided to use this instead of the red spotty for the borders




My fabric - still need a few more colours!

Issue 4 is on the way very soon - so maybe I will jump straight to this and try and keep up to date while catching up????

See who else has linked up with Sandy at Cookies and Cream Craft for Show and Tell


3 comments:

  1. So much gorgeous fabric. Your quilt should be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful wedding piece Vanessa. Have picked up Issue 4 of Vignette today - some lovely goodies to stitch, sew and cook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo Vanessa !! Great decision !!!
    I'm waiting to see how your blocks will be !
    Florence

    ReplyDelete